In addition to lighting for annual holidays and citywide events, the Calgary Tower will also consider special occasion lighting requests for nondenominational, nonpolitical registered national charitable events and/or causes.
The Calgary Tower is privately owned and therefore has its own selection review and policies. Special Occasion Lighting is at the sole discretion of Calgary Tower management and not subject to appeals or negotiation.
To be considered, all requests must be:
- received in writing by completion of the Calgary Tower lighting request form below
- completed by a management representative of the official organization making the request
- received by the Calgary Tower at least 30 days in advance of lighting date requested
Applications by/for religious events or figures:
The Calgary Tower maintains traditional lightings for the religious holidays of St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Eid al-Fitr, Hanukah and Christmas. The Calgary Tower will not light for religious figures, organizations, institutions, or additional religious holidays.
Please note that lighting cannot be considered for:
- personal occasions (e.g. birthdays, anniversaries)
- political events or observances
The Calgary Tower is committed to supporting and enhancing Calgary's business community. If your request does not match our guidelines above please contact email@example.com to learn more about corporate lightings.